Workforce Data Analyst (J.O#11033ie)
Last Day to Apply: November 09, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
WORKFORCE DATA ANALYST
COMPENSATION SERVICES, TALENT MANAGEMENT SECTION
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.”
We are currently seeking a Workforce Monitoring Coordinator.
- Monitors the TTC's workforce throughout the year, comparing actual headcount to the approved budget, liaising with departmental Budget and Finance representatives to solve discrepancies.
- Generates and distributes reports to support management initiatives related to workforce management.
- Provides management with regular reports and conducts ad-hoc analysis as required
- Prepares, verifies and maintains the TTC’s annual organization charts in support of the annual budget exercise.
- Participates in the annual corporate budget process, reviewing submissions for workforce changes, and ensuring they are tracked in various systems, and working with departmental budget representatives to ensure mid-year budget changes are incorporated accurately into the final budget submission, in preparation for City approval
- Participates in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Experience interpreting budget and headcount data, and monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on related changes.
- Experience working with Excel, Word, and databases for the purpose of tracking and analyzing headcount within a large organization, or department.
- Experience communicating with finance professionals and senior management in order to reconcile budgeted headcount.
- Ability to learn TTC-specific mainframe computer systems and applications
- A completed University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline; or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent.
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $64,082.20 - $80,116.40 (Level 7SA) – 35 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.