Cost Control Analyst (Temp) (J.O#11032ie)
Last Day to Apply: November 09, 2018
Employment Type: Temporary Position
COST CONTROL ANALYST
CAPITAL PROGRAMMING DEPARTMENT
ENGINEERING, CONSTRUCTION & EXPANSION GROUP
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy”.
We are currently seeking a Cost Control Analyst for a term of approximately five (5) years.
- Reviewing the General Ledger (G/L) to identify labour and non-labour costs which have been charged to Metrolinx, analyzing charges and validating whether they are accurate and correspond with project status, and identifying errors to be corrected
- Analyzing labour charges in eTimeMachine and the Job Based Cost System (JBCS) - Systems 27 and 33, determining whether they are accurate and correspond with project status, and identifying errors to be corrected
- Researching project information and investigating anomalies related to the control function of costs
- Liaising with various staff throughout the TTC to retrieve source documents such as invoices and certificates of payment for provision as back-up documentation to Metrolinx
- Assisting Managers/Departmental Administrators in the analysis of costs and providing advice and guidance to various staff throughout the TTC regarding where Metrolinx charges belong and which project accounts to use for processing charges
- Supporting the project team in the preparation of progress reports which are required by Metrolinx to accompany the TTC’s invoices
- Investigating cost queries from Metrolinx and working with project team to prepare responses
- Providing accounting support by identifying errors in the G/L and labour systems, preparing invoices, tracking billings, and explaining variances from the G/L
- Providing support with the administration of Purchase Orders (POs) from Metrolinx
- Responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within your area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
- Participation in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Sound knowledge of standard accounting principles and practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of costing concepts, procedures and techniques
- Sound knowledge of automated spreadsheet and database programs as well as other computerized applications related to the work (MS Office, G/L, JBCS, IFS, CMSMillenium, etc.)
- Sound judgement; attention to detail; well-developed analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, oral communication and report writing skills
- Must have the ability to provide clear and direct guidance to others and effectively motivate and coordinate their efforts
- A University Degree, or College Diploma in a related discipline (e.g. Business Administration) and work experience in a directly related field (e.g. Transit/Equipment/Facility Maintenance), OR a combination of education, training, and experience deemed to be equivalent
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
Annual Salary Range: $57,366.40 - $71,635.20 (Level 6SA) – 35 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.