Senior Contract Administrator- Construction (2) (J.O#11011ie)
Last Day to Apply: November 09, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
SENIOR CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR – CONSTRUCTION (2)
MATERIALS & PROCUREMENT DEPARTMENT
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.
We are currently seeking two Senior Contract Administrators. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating and administering the day-to-day activities associated primarily with bidding/contract award and subsequent contract administration activities. These contracts are complex, high value and involve signal system installation and replacement, revenue vehicles, construction, design/build requirements, engineering/architectural consultants, technical services, engineered equipment and retail leasing.
- Coordinating and administering the procurement process for pre-qualification of bidders and development of bidder lists for Goods/Works/Services, preparing and processing Requests for Proposals/Bids, Requests for Information and justifications for non-competitive requirements (single source), developing commercial conditions/documentation for bids/proposals and contracts including special commercial conditions
- Liaising and providing guidance to users and staff from own and other TTC departments to co-ordinate procurement efforts and maintain schedule requirements
- Co-ordinating and chairing negotiations for single source and other negotiated contracts
- Obtaining competitive bids/proposals; evaluating bids/proposals and completing commercial evaluations, coordinating contract award and execution; preparing and/or assisting in the preparation of TTC reports
- Attending kick-off and progress review meetings
- Interpreting contracts and ensuring compliance with contract terms and the requirements of the scope of the work
- Preparing and processing payment certificates, Change Requests for contract changes, amendments and work plan releases
- Negotiating acceptable resolution to contract changes and claims, and processing same for management/TTC approval
- Processing contract close-outs and preparing reports on contractor's/consultant’s performance; and maintaining contract files
- Administering and carrying-out work according to TTC's procurement policy and departmental procedures and guidelines as well as performing various administrative activities related to the Project Procurement Section's operation
- Participation in the TTC customer service Ambassador Program
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in construction administration and thorough knowledge of contract administration related to construction contract changes, scheduling practices/methods, delays and construction claims management
- Thorough knowledge of procurement and contracting principles and practical experience of procurement processes, methods, practices and contract administration as well as accounting and scheduling principles
- An understanding of construction principles, knowledge of the construction industry, ability to interpret the requirements and details of construction drawings and specifications
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to co-ordinate efforts of others to accomplish objectives
- Good working knowledge of PCs and computerized applications related to the work
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline (Engineering (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical), Architectural or Construction Management considered an asset), or a combination of education, training, and experience deemed to be equivalent
- Accreditation as a Certified Construction Contract Administrator, Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS), Quantity Surveyor (RICS) or Construction Estimator Certified (CEC) is preferred
- You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $72,672.60 - $100,027.20 (8SA – 9SA) – 35 Hour Work Week (Actual salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications)
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570