ITSM System Manager (J.O#11000ie)
Last Day to Apply: November 09, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
ITSM SYSTEMS MANAGER
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.
We are currently seeking a ITSM Systems Manager.
- Overseeing and coordinating IT Service Management (ITSM) processes (Asset Management, Incident, Event, Request, Problem, Knowledge, Change, Configuration and Release and Deployment, etc.) and tools across all sections within Information Technology Services
- Managing the ITSM solution and ensuring alignment of the solution to the ITSM strategy and design
- Assisting in the management and control for the delivery of ITSM solution enhancements in accordance with the TTC’s approved scope, schedule, budget and quality assurance requirements
- Building effective working relationships with other ITS sections, project teams, contractors and various other stakeholders
- Assessing current state of ITSM processes and tools, evaluating any proposed changes, planning and recommending solution strategy to maintain or improve business value
- Driving continuous improvements for ITSM processes, practices and tools
- Participation in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program
- Treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a University degree or College Diploma in a relevant discipline or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent
- Certification in ITIL v3 Foundational Level certification
- 5 to 7 years’ experience working in an IT environment using ITIL Framework
- In-depth understanding of IT Service Management, IT Asset Management, Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and interrelated systems and processes
- Experience in a lead role in all phases of IT Service Management lifecycle, from planning, design, ITSM system implementation, support and continuous improvement
- Minimum 5 years of experience in ServiceNow ITSM solution design, architecting, development, and management
- 3+ years of experience in CA ITSM solution design and management
- Sound knowledge of project management principles, methods and procedures
- Broad knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure, including past, current and future trends and familiarity with a wide range of information technology platforms and related technologies
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective work relationships with multi-discipline teams through recognizing and evaluating issues and problems, and formulating solutions accordingly
- Sound judgment; superior organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities; well-developed verbal and written communication skills and well-developed presentation skills; Superior interpersonal, relationship building and leadership skills
- You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $92,164.80 - $115,260.60 (Level 10) - 35 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.