Senior Project Engineer (4) (J.O# 10970ie)
Last Day to Apply: October 23, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER (4)
ENGINEERING, CONSTRUCTION & EXPANSION GROUP
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy”.
We are currently seeking four (4) Senior Project Engineers.
- Assisting the Project Manager to deliver projects safely, on time, on budget and with requisite quality from inception through scope development, design, procurement, construction, handover, and closeout;
- Leading Designers (consultant or in-house) through the design phase and the preparation of the construction contract(s);
- Ensuring construction documents include appropriate constraints and milestones to facilitate operations, customer service, and third party requirements;
- Monitoring technical performance of the Designers and ensuring all engineering milestones are met;
- Coordinating work by third parties and value engineering activities;
- Obtaining all the required sign-off and approvals both internally and from external agencies;
- Providing project management support to the Construction Site Manager during construction, commissioning and handover, including the coordination of all scope and engineering changes;
- Preparing various status reports for the Project Manager, and performing related administrative duties as assigned to meet project requirements and commitments;
- Responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within your area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer; and
- Participation in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Comprehensive knowledge of current engineering principles and practices combined with a comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and practices, including conceptual planning and all phases of design;
- Familiarity with project management information systems and reporting as it relates to control of scope, scheduling and cost;
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction techniques and practices, contract administration, construction inspection, and knowledge of pertinent Acts and Regulations (Construction Lien Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, etc.);
- Sound judgement; highly developed time management, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work with multi-disciplined teams, deal with complex issues, and maintain effective working relationships;
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and obtain cooperation from a diverse group of internal and external project stakeholders to achieve the goals and objectives of the project;
- Proficiency in the use of a PC and software applications related to the work (Microsoft Office);
- A University degree in a relevant engineering discipline, or in architecture, combined with extensive experience in the areas of projects/construction and engineering management of heavy construction and/or large, multi-disciplined projects, OR a combination of education, training, and experience deemed to be equivalent;
- Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer or Architect in the Province of Ontario is required;
- PMP certification would be an asset;
- A valid Province of Ontario Class “G” Driver’s licence; and
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $92,164.80 - $115,260.60 (Level 10SA) – 35 Hour Work Week
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393- 4570