PMO Manager (J.O# 10951ie)
Last Day to Apply: October 11, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE (PMO) MANAGER
VEHICLE PROGRAMS, SERVICE DELIVERY
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.”
We are currently seeking a PMO Manager for the Vehicle Programs Department, Service Delivery Group.
- Lead and sustain portfolio governance and execution (including the TTC’s project management maturity plan) for the Service Delivery Group, in collaboration with Group leaders, to ensure excellence in project management execution methodologies and governance models
- Identify and assess gaps specific to the Service Delivery Group, and establish standards, processes and tools to fill gaps to assist project and program managers in delivering strategic initiatives within the constraints of time, scope/quality and budget
- Ensure program/project management that is consistent with the standards set by the Portfolio Management Office
- Provide direction and leadership to program and project managers for the development of accurate estimates, building credibility, establishing rapport and maintaining communication with stakeholders at multiple levels
- Supervise PMO staff including project management resources that provide support functions as well as act as a resource on a large complex corporate program as assigned; train, mentor, and guide others in an effort to build project management competency
- Actively contribute to Group Chief by providing views, analytical support, counsel and advice
- Manage multiple, related projects, in a coordinated way to achieve benefits that could not occur if handled separately
- Participation in the TTC customer service Ambassador Program
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven planning, organizational and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Developed management/leadership skills sufficient to lead/motivate and develop others
- Excellent influencing, communication, facilitation, negotiation, conflict management and resolution skills
- Extensive knowledge of and experience applying best practices, procedures and principles of project, program and portfolio management methodology and governance
- Comprehensive knowledge of business administration, fiscal and human resources policies and legislation/regulations regarding safety, human rights, employment, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior management/executive level on projects and programs
- Experience establishing, building and maintaining collaborative relationships with various stakeholders for the purpose of meeting the corporate/program objectives
- Demonstrated competency with computer based techniques and applications related to the work
- A completed University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline and related work experience, or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $103,430.60 - $129,256.40 (Level 11SA) – 35 Hour Work Week
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.