System Analyst (J.O# 10939ie)
Last Day to Apply: September 25, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
APPLICATION PORTFOLIOS SECTION
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.
We are currently seeking a Systems Analyst.
- Formulating statements of business and system requirements, performing detailed analyses, preparing and reviewing detailed systems documentation and functional specifications
- Designing/developing sub-systems that are part of a larger more complex system
- Providing support in resolving operational problems and technical issues encountered in running production systems
- Creating logical database designs and working with Database Analysts to ensure proper physical implementation
- Assisting in the modelling/creation of Business Objects data universes to facilitate business intelligence reporting
- Utilizing excellent interpersonal skills to provide on-going support and occasional training to a large group of end-users
- Maintaining existing and/or creating applications and utilities
- Communicating/Managing and working with 3rd party vendor and acting as a liaison between vendor and end-users
- Creating, modifying and implementing reports using Microstrategy, Business Objects Enterprise and in-house developed reporting interfaces
- Provide front-line technical support in resolving day-to-day system issues, participate in system upgrades/updates and new system development,
- Providing 7x24 on call production support during evening, weekends and statutory holidays to support critical transit applications, as required
- Ability to work shift work and work outside regular business hours, as required
- Participation in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program
- Treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Computer Science or related discipline, combined with related experience in systems development and system administration supporting and administrating Enterprise wide software systems
- Must have previous experience with application integration technologies
- Familiarity with relevant programming languages, database design tools, data warehousing and data processing techniques
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle PL/SQL, Microsoft SQL server, Crystal Reports, Jasper, Microstrategy, ETL tools and techniques
- Desired two (2) years of demonstrated hands on experience in analyzing and resolving technical problems, including development, interface, project implementation and support, for ERP Systems such as SAP, Maximo and IFS.
- Understanding of Enterprise Asset management.
- Ability to apply business and user requirements definition skills, and problem resolution skills to front line project and system support
- Sound judgment, excellent effective verbal and written communication skills, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skilled in building customer rapport and confidence by providing exceptional end-user service and being end-user focused
- You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $80,007.20 - $100,027.20 (Level 9) - 35 Hour Work Week
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.