Project Manager (J.O# 10935ie)
Last Day to Apply: September 21, 2018
Employment Type: Temporary Position
*TEMPORARY OPPORTUNITY UNTIL JUNE 2020*
ENGINEERING, CONSTRUCTION & EXPANSION GROUP
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy”.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager for our Construction Department for a temporary opportunity until June 2020.
- Implementing and managing the assigned project(s) from inception, planning, design, procurement and construction through commissioning to completion;
- Acting as the TTC’s representative to exercise and delegate authority in managing the work, and controlling the delivery of the project in accordance with the TTC’s budget, scope, schedule and quality assurance requirements;
- Managing professional services agreements and design and/or construction contracts;
- Supervising and coordinating the activities of project team members with other TTC Departments involved in the design, review, tender, award and construction processes;
- Managing design assignments by monitoring progress and performance against established terms of reference;
- Managing the preparation of construction contract documents;
- Preparing the capital budget submission for the assigned project(s);
- Preparing and participating in public consultations for the assigned capital project(s);
- Providing general management of construction work;
- Performing various related managerial and administrative functions;
- Responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and/or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer; and
- Participation in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong understanding of engineering and construction principles, methods and practices combined with solid, applied knowledge of project management concepts and practices;
- Knowledge of contract law, contract administration and inspection, and pertinent Acts and Regulations (Construction Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, etc.);
- Comprehensive knowledge of business administration, fiscal and human resources policies, and legislation/regulations regarding safety, human rights, employment, etc.;
- Must possess sound judgement; highly developed management, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; negotiation and mediation skills; excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Proficiency in the use of a PC and software applications related to the work (Microsoft Office);
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead a group of professionals, work with multi-discipline teams and various stakeholders, deal with complex issues and maintain effective working relationships;
- Completion of a University Degree, or College Diploma in a related discipline, and extensive experience in the areas of general project management and engineering management of heavy construction and/or large multi-discipline projects, OR a combination of education, training, and experience deemed to be equivalent;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer or a similar professional designation in the Province of Ontario is required;
- PMP certification would be an asset;
- A valid Province of Ontario Class “G” Driver’s license; and
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Annual Salary Range: $111,784.40 - $139,776.00 (Level 12SA) – 35 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.