Senior Service Desk Analyst (J.O#10929ie)
Last Day to Apply: September 14, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
SENIOR SERVICE DESK ANALYST
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.
We are currently seeking a Senior Service Desk Analyst.
- Maintaining an effective Service Desk team through review of incident trends and assists Service Desk Analysts with more complex issues
- Consulting with the Supervisor – ITS Service Desk and coordinating incident escalations with other IT Service groups
- Ensuring support processes are current and constantly updated and that KPI’s are maintained
- Supervising, mentoring, guiding and training the IT Service Desk Analysts
- Assisting the Supervisor – ITS Service Desk in identifying training gaps and coordinating training for supported systems and applications for the Service Desk team
- Coordinating incident and problem management activities with the various sections within IT Services
- Monitoring alerts and queue, trend analysis and escalation to level 2-3 IT support teams when appropriate and for problem ticket creation/resolution
- Participating in the TTC customer service Ambassador Program
- Treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a University degree in a relevant discipline or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent
- Solid background in supporting Microsoft Office Suite 2010 on the Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 platform
- Solid understanding of server/workstation policies and concepts, networking principals, and software/hardware support
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing support in a heterogeneous multi-platform IT environment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing end user support in an IT Service Desk environment
- Demonstrated experience using a Request/Incident ticket system
- Aptitude for technology, with a strong customer service focus
- Well-developed organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for gathering, interpreting, and relaying information
- You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $65,561.60 - $81,868.80 (Level 6SA) – 40 Hour Work Week
*The incumbent will be eligible for a Responsibility Premium once the incumbent has attained full job rate for one year.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.