Graphic Designer (J.O#10864ie)
Last Day to Apply: August 15, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
DESIGN & WAYFINDING SECTION
CUSTOMER COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.”
We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer. Also, consideration will be given for Graphic Designer positions for future requirements
- Displays a high level proficiency in page layout design for various print communications including posters, postcards, manuals, brochures, reports, etc.
- Develops complex technical drawings (routes, maps), graphs, charts, infographics and presentation-related artwork
- Develops digital artwork for the TTC website as well as social media channels
- Prepares final artwork for output for various digital and print media
- Supports brand guidelines and the further development or communications to maintain brand consistency
- Displays a high level of efficiency and accuracy to ensure artwork is consistently high in quality
- Demonstrates strong project management skills and attention to detail, multitasking and prioritizing to meet multiple deadlines
- Works collaboratively with other team members to maximize project excellence
- Participation in the TTC customer service Ambassador Program
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated knowledge of general design principles including typography, colour theory, and a strong sense of visual balance
- Experience in a PC environment with demonstrated technical ability in the following: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, CorelDraw, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and experience in Adobe AfterEffects is an asset
- Good judgement and strong organizational skills to develop and coordinate multiple projects from concept to completion
- Strong work ethic, proactive approach, and ability to work with minimal supervision under tight deadlines
- Must thrive in an environment with frequent contact with departmental team members, working well independently and as part of various teams
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated awareness of current trends in Graphic Design
- A completed University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline such as Graphic Design, and related work experience; or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $57,366.40 - $71,635.20 (Level 6SA) – 35 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.