Programmer Analyst (J.O#10861ie)
Last Day to Apply: August 14, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.”
We are currently seeking a Programmer Analyst.
- Designing, building, implementing, and supporting applications
- Assisting users with the resolution of application-related problems and providing support in the development and implementation of automated information systems
- Establishing requirements through analysis of relevant systems and consultation with users, and preparing detailed flow chart diagrams and program specifications
- Performing other duties such as coding, compiling, testing, documenting and implementation
- Providing first line technical support and assistance to users with respect to the resolution of business application related problems
- Liaising with external vendors regarding software engagements and troubleshooting issues
- Providing on-going support to end users and other technical areas as well as performing related duties as assigned
- Participating in the TTC customer service Ambassador Program
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- University Degree/College Diploma in Computer Science, or the equivalent, combined with one to three years of directly related experience working in a Programmer or Programmer Trainee capacity
- Sound knowledge of and familiarity with relevant programming languages and data processing techniques
- Good knowledge of application development and maintenance projects/methodologies and structured techniques for systems analysis, design and programming
- Sound judgment, effective verbal and written communication skills, and strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Abilities to plan and conduct feasibility studies, design applications, program, debug, test applications, and prepare specifications and documentation
- Abilities to design applications, program, debug, test applications, and prepare specifications and documentation
- Knowledge and experience with developing systems using Object Oriented Methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Angular.js, Linq, Entity Framework, Oracle PL/SQL, SAP Crystal Reports, and Microsoft Visual Studio / Team Foundation Server
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $64,082.20 - $80,116.40 (Level 7SA) - 35 Hour Work WeekDeadline to apply is August 14, 2018
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.