Assistant - Office Services ITS (Temp) (J.O#10860ier) - Repost
Last Day to Apply: August 10, 2018
Employment Type: Temporary Position
ASSISTANT – OFFICE SERVICES ITS
PLANNING, RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Annual Salary Range: $51,324.00 - $64,173.20 (Level 5SA)- 35 Hour Work Week
*This is a temporary opportunity for approximately 12 to 18 months*
*If you previously applied during the original posting period of July 31, 2018 - August 7, 2018 no need to reapply as all applications will still be considered. Thank you.
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.
We are currently seeking an Assistant – Office Services ITS.
- Acting as the system administrator for the Attendance Monitoring System (AMOS) and ensuring the integrity of the system is maintained
- Inputting and reporting weekly staff attendance exceptions to Payroll Services through the extraction of information from AMOS and into OARS and ensuring appropriate hours, capital account numbers and codes are entered
- Performing and providing administrative support to the staff of the ITS Department and/or sections including the office of the Head of Information Technology Services
- Assisting in the preparation and ongoing monitoring of the ITS administrative budget
- Coordinating the acquisition of materials, office supplies and services for use by ITS staff
- Maintaining a follow-up system by using Service Desk Manager (SDM R14) to monitor section activities and reporting problems affecting the timely completion of assignments
- Performing a variety of office support and services for the Department
- Mail distribution and update all ITS bulletin and safety boards at the various I.T. Services Department locations
- Participation in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a University degree or College Diploma in a relevant discipline or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent
- Sound knowledge of modern office administration practices, procedures and equipment
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and its applications as it is related to the work as well as basic knowledge of OARS and SharePoint
- Must possess basic mathematic skills, good keyboarding skills and an excellent knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Familiarity with budget preparation/control principles and practices
- Good organizational skills in order to handle changing work priorities and meet specified deadlines
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.