Senior Systems Analyst (SAP Security Administrator) (J.O#10721ie)
Last Day to Apply: May 25, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST (SAP Security Administrator)
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, ITS DEPARTMENT
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.”
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Analyst.
- Planning and conducting feasibility studies; developing systems designs, directing system build and implementation and developing methods and procedures for complex systems; conducting code reviews; and assisting in software development
- Assigning work to staff in accordance with their areas of expertise; developing, deploying, supporting and maintaining service interfaces and application integration implementations; and investigating existing systems, and making recommendations regarding changes and enhancements
- Establishing terms of reference for analysis and solution to problems; solving production problems; and providing recommendations on the selection and use of appropriate technology
- Developing detailed project plans and liaising with other departments to ensure the projects implemented are operational and functioning
- Architecting and designing SAP security solutions for SAP solutions on premise and cloud based
- Designing, developing and deploying custom security controls where required
- Complying with the processes, procedures, standards, tools and activities for software development and testing at TTC
- Aligning SAP security architecture with TTC Enterprise Architecture overall security framework
- Coordinating, supporting and ensuring compliance to all software testing, quality assurance, and quality control requirements adhering to the SAP software development lifecycle.
- Understanding and executing security models that meet privacy and regulatory protocols
- Identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving security related issues within the SAP environment
- Facilitating regulatory audit meetings and ensuring that TTC SAP applications meet all auditory compliance checks
- Providing leadership in promoting best security practices, industry standards, and providing insight on industry trends and technologies.
- Participating in the TTC customer service Ambassador Program
- Treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- A University Degree, or College Diploma in a related discipline, OR a combination of education, training, and experience deemed to be equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of systems development, from methodology through detailed design, construction, implementation and production support
- Thorough understanding of project management, data security audit concepts, quality assurance principles and practices as well as structured techniques for systems analysis, design and programming
- Ability to plan and conduct studies and reviews; prepare business cases and cost/benefit analysis of projects; work as part of a team in the development and implementation of large and complex systems; and prepare system specifications and documentation
- 5+ years’ experience as a senior SAP security administrator with Enterprise Central Component 6.0
- Demonstrated expert security knowledge in SAP lines of business including Human Resources, Payroll, Finance, Materials Managementetc.
- Demonstrated track record of success in all phases of the systems security development life cycle
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAP project ASAP or Activate methodology.
- Proven knowledge and skills in security architecture, modelling and development for SAP solutions.
- Exposure to SAP solutions such as HANA, Ariba, Successfactors, is an asset..
- Demonstrated knowledge of Solution Manager
- SAP Security certification is preferred.
- Experience working in large organizations or public sector organizations will be preferred.
- Sound judgement; superior organizational, analytical and problems solving abilities; and well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $92,164.80 - $115,260.60 (Level 10) – 35 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.