Senior Systems Analyst (SAP Developer) (J.O#10714ie)
Last Day to Apply: May 22, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST (SAP Developer)
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, ITS DEPARTMENT
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.”
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Analyst.
- Planning and conducting feasibility studies; developing systems designs, directing system build and implementation and developing methods and procedures for complex systems; conducting code reviews; and assisting in software development
- Assigning work to staff in accordance with their areas of expertise; developing, deploying, supporting and maintaining service interfaces and application integration implementations; and investigating existing systems, and making recommendations regarding changes and enhancements
- Establishing terms of reference for analysis and solution to problems; solving production problems; and providing recommendations on the selection and use of appropriate technology
- Developing detailed project plans and liaising with other departments to ensure the projects implemented are operational and functioning
- Architecting and designing moderate to complex application solutions in the SAP environment to meet business requirements
- Aligning SAP solutions designs with TTC Enterprise Architecture principles and practices
- Designing and developing interfaces to support end to end business processes between SAP and non-SAP systems or cloud based/on-premise solutions
- Developing configuration/code adhering to SAP best practices
- Applying and ensuring compliance to SAP processes and standards including source code control and software development lifecycle practices.
- Applying support and ensuring compliance to all software testing, quality assurance, and quality control requirements for a software development effort.
- Performing upgrades, enhancements, maintenance of existing SAP applications to support SAP business requests
- Documenting, communicating and track security, access, and quality risks and the appropriate strategies for mitigation.
- Participating in the TTC customer service Ambassador Program
- Treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- A University Degree, or College Diploma in a related discipline, OR a combination of education, training, and experience deemed to be equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of systems development, from methodology through detailed design, construction, implementation and production support
- 10+ years of hands-on experience as a SAP developer (ECC, S/4 preferred version 6.0 or higher).
- Good understanding of SAP lines of business including Finance, HR, Payroll, Materials Management, Controlling, ESS/MSS.
- Expert knowledge of development platforms and interface integration methods.
- Extensive experience with SAP ABAP, Object Oriented ABAP, Data Dictionary, SmartForms, SAPScript, BADI’s, User Exits, Persistent Classes. HR development will be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of debugging tools for ABAP, Workflow, and IDocs
- Demonstrated knowledge of programming best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of Transport Management System and/or Solution Manager
- SAP certification for ABAP is an asset.
- Thorough understanding of project management, data security audit concepts, quality assurance principles and practices as well as structured techniques for systems analysis, design and programming
- Ability to plan and conduct studies and reviews; prepare business cases and cost/benefit analysis of projects; work as part of a team in the development and implementation of large and complex systems; and prepare system specifications and documentation
- Ability to adapt and learn new SAP technologies and development methodologies as TTC implements new SAP modules
- Ability to keep updated with SAP technology trends as it relates to SAP developer tools
- Sound judgement; superior organizational, analytical and problems solving abilities; and well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $92,164.80 - $115,260.60 (Level 10) – 35 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.