Project Manager (J.O#10694ier) - Repost
Last Day to Apply: November 08, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SECTION
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
**If you previously applied during the original posting period (April 24 - 30, 2018) no need to re-apply as all applications will still be considered. Thank you.
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.”
We are currently seeking a Project Manager.
- Managing major or large scale and complex IT Infrastructure and business information systems projects through all phases of project life cycle to ensure that functionality and performance objectives are met on schedule and within approved budgets
- Participating in the development of Business Cases to determine objectives, scope, risks, benefits and costs of proposed information systems projects
- Overseeing all aspects of project deliverables and governance along with finances, implementation and tracking of benefits realization based on IT Services Solution Delivery methodology and PMO standards and methods
- Preparing and monitoring budgets and submitting all required Project Reporting and presentations as necessary
- Preparing and obtaining signoff of project summary, project justification, and project expenditure spreadsheet documents for submission as part of the annual budget program
- Co-ordinating completion of the Systems Requirement Definition, culminating in a Request for Information (RFI) and/or Request for Proposal (RFP) document as required
- Monitoring project progress on a regular basis and taking appropriate action to maintain the project schedule and budget
- Liaising with the Project Sponsor and Project Steering Committee with regard to all project matters
- Participating in the TTC customer service Ambassador Program
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline combined with a minimum of 5 years of progressive and successful project management experience implementing in-house developed and off the shelf purchased software
- Formal Project Management training is a must and is usually represented through Project Management Professional (PMP) certification by the Project Management Institute. Equivalent certification through other organizations may be acceptable
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of all facets related to the development and implementation of major information systems projects including project management, systems development methodology and quality assurance principles and practices
- Demonstrated experience in Stakeholder Management, Vendor Management and independent Problem Resolution skills
- Must be able to prepare and monitor project budgets and conduct cost/benefit assessments
- Knowledge of and experience in business process re-engineering, data and process modelling and the preparation of technical specifications for RFP documents
- Highly developed analytical, organizational, relationship management and interpersonal skills; excellent business judgement; effective presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Seasoned information systems development experience including systems analysis/design and project co-ordination
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $103,430.60 - $129,256.40 (Level 11SA) – 35 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.