Aftermarket Warranty Administrator (J.O#10630ier) - Repost
Last Day to Apply: August 10, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
AFTERMARKET WARRANTY ADMINISTRATOR
CENTRAL INVENTORY CONTROL
MATERIALS & PROCUREMENT DEPARTMENT
*If you previously applied during the original posting period of March 14 – 20, 2018 no need to reapply as all applications will still be considered. Thank you.
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.”
We are currently seeking an Aftermarket Warranty Administrator.
- Responsible for performing a variety of administrative duties relating to the identification of, collection and processing of aftermarket warranty and core claims to ensure that the TTC submits and obtains full compensation
- Completing and submitting aftermarket warranty claim forms to the manufacturer and/or vendor
- Ensuring vendors and manufacturers comply with established core and aftermarket warranty procedures
- Organizing and receiving parts from satellite stores locations for aftermarket warranty claims
- Maintaining and organizing the storage location for core and aftermarket warranty claim parts; determining which parts are to be returned to the vendor, manufacturer, and scrapping items as claims are closed
- Arranging for the shipment of cores and parts to the vendors, and manufacturers
- Setting up and maintaining various databases for the tracking/reporting of aftermarket warranty claims to completion and associated information (e.g. receipt of payments)
- Liaising with and or/participating in meetings with TTC personnel and/or manufacturers and vendors, for core and aftermarket warranty related issues
- Participation in the TTC customer service Ambassador Program
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Strong knowledge of concepts and practices of core and aftermarket warranty claim management
- Excellent office administrative skills with proficiency in the use of computers and computer applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Access and Outlook)
- Detail oriented and possess sound judgement, well-developed interpersonal skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize several work assignments simultaneously and meet critical time requirements is required
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to recognize and identify cores and parts on sight
- Must have or quickly acquire knowledge of departmental and corporate policies, procedures, standards and practices, etc., applicable to the work
- Must have or quickly acquire working knowledge of TTC computer mainframe systems such as IFS, and other databases utilized by the section
- Must have or quickly acquire the ability to generally identify cores and parts and utilize resources such as manuals, CDs, etc.
- A University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline, or a combination of education, training, and experience deemed to be equivalent
- Successful completion of the TTC’s Subway/Surface Rulebook Training, if required, including annual updates
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
Annual Salary Range: $64,082.20 - $80,116.40 (Level 7SA) – 35 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.