Manager - Internal Audit (J.O#10611ie)
Last Day to Apply: March 14, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
MANAGER – INTERNAL AUDIT
INTERNAL AUDIT DEPARTMENT
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.”
We are currently seeking a Manager – Internal Audit.
- Manages and executes risk-based audit assurance and advisory projects, in accordance with departmental policies and procedures and the Institute of Internal Auditors’ (IIA) International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, to help drive continual improvement in the TTC’s governance, risk management and control systems
- Leads and oversees assigned staff in planning, executing and reporting audit/advisory projects; executes parts or all aspects of audit/advisory projects assigned; and meets and communicates with senior management during all phases of the project
- Manages relationships with key stakeholders; and assists senior management in preparing management action plans to address identified risks and control gaps
- Researches, analyzes and performs preliminary risk assessments of the TTC’s strategic, operational, financial, safety and compliance risks to assist with preparing Internal Audit’s risk-based work plan
- Finalizes audit reports; and assists in developing final reporting packages for presentation to executive management and the Audit & Risk Management Committee of the TTC Board
- Participation in the TTC customer service Ambassador Program
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- CPA, CIA or other relevant designation/certification (P.Eng, PMP), in good standing in the appropriate professional association
- Bachelor/Master Degree in a related discipline, or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with limited direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members as well as overseeing, supervising and managing professional staff
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute, document and report results of assignments in accordance with professional standards
- Thorough knowledge of current IIA standards, audit principles, best practices and governance, risk assessment, and internal controls theory and application; proficient technical skills in the use of electronic working paper systems and data driven audit strategies; excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills; and professional judgement
- Demonstrated experience and skill in collecting, analyzing and presenting complex data; evaluating information and systems; drawing logical conclusions and providing consistent quality output
- Skilled in using advanced Excel features and data analytic techniques; experience in database management systems Access, SQL and Oracle; and ability to perform queries and use report writing tools including Excel, MicroStrategy and Crystal Reports
- Ability to work within budgeted timelines and manage multiple priorities, using sound project management principles/methods
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, including ability and confidence to persuade others, and effectively communicate the value of internal audit services
- Minimum 7 years of progressive audit experience or related work experience in the field of auditing, accounting, project management or data mining, with exposure to various types of business processes, governance, risk management and control processes including recent experience managing or leading complex audit and advisory projects with professional staff
- Experience in a transit/government agency or large public accounting firm, and certifications such as CFE or CISA are assets
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $103,430.60 - $129,256.40 (Level 11) - 35 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.