Service Centre Coordinator (3) (Temp/Perm) (J.O#10578ier) - Repost
Last Day to Apply: March 14, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
SERVICE CENTRE COORDINATOR (3) **
SERVICE CENTRE OPERATIONS, SERVICE CENTRE DEPARTMENT
**Includes one permanent position and two temporary opportunities up to December 2018**
*If you previously applied during the original posting period of February 7 – 13, 2018 no need to reapply as all applications will still be considered. Thank you.
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.”
We are currently seeking one permanent and two temporary Service Centre Coordinators.
- Provides first line of contact for employee calls, emails or walk-ins to the Service Centre to assist with and resolve issues relating to personal and benefit data, requested changes, etc.
- Provides assistance with the Employee & Manager Self Service functionality as required by employees/managers
- Prioritizes the resolution of inquiries forwarded by HR for the AskHR functionality; provides suggestions for the Frequently Asked Questions Knowledge Base supporting AskHR; and ensures service level agreement targets are met/exceeded
- Completes various HR transactions through to SAP Payroll, ensuring all required changes are accurate, in compliance with government regulations, union agreements, TTC policies, etc. and within time constraints for Payroll and Benefit processing
- Investigates payroll discrepancies pertaining to various HR events
- Prepares, issues and maintains various documentation related to employees leaving or short/long term absences
- Performs payroll administration of Health Benefit and Group Life Insurance plans, including managing required changes and issues relating to employee eligibility, enrolment/termination, etc.
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- High degree of Customer Service/Service Centre working knowledge and mindset for the delivery of customer service to a diverse and potentially difficult clientele
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload based on established process and system timelines
- Detail-orientated, with solid mathematical skills; and the ability to work within strict time limitations
- Solid proficiency using a PC with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Access, and an aptitude to learn several different software applications including ERP solutions, mainframe databases, etc. to perform duties
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills as well as effective oral and written communication skills to accurately process payroll information, deal with inquiries, and investigate and resolve issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations such as dealing with terminated employees
- Sound knowledge of relevant TTC policies, union agreements specific to salary/wage scales and administration, departmental procedures and policies related to sick benefit payments and leave of absences, and TTC Benefit plans and administration
- Demonstrated experience with mainframe systems (PPS, NROE, OARS, RABS, AMS); and the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of TTC SAP modules including Employee Central, AskHR and SAP Payroll
- A completed University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in human resources or payroll, OR a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent
- Completion of payroll courses specific to employee termination and ROE, Business Administration courses, Customer Service training and knowledge of SuccessFactors and SAP applications are assets
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $64,082.20 - $80,116.40 (Level 7SA) – 35 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.