Coach Technicians (Up to 40) (J.O#10426ier) - Repost
Last Day to Apply: September 27, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
COACH TECHNICIANS (UP TO 40)
BUS MAINTENANCE & SHOPS DEPARTMENT
A.T.U., LOCAL 113
*If you previously applied during the original posting period of October 23 - November 17, 2017 and December 21, 2017 – March 16, 2018 no need to reapply as all applications will still be considered. Thank you.
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.
We are currently seeking a Coach Technician (Up to 40). These positions are required to work a 40 hour work week involving various shifts with various off-days. You may be required to work statutory holidays.
- Performing varied and moderately complex work on a variety of diesel, gasoline and hybrid powered passenger vehicles, service vehicles and related equipment
- Conducting tests, diagnosis, repair, overhaul, parts replacements and adjustments on all vehicle systems including power train, fuel systems, cooling systems, electrical systems, door systems, air conditioning systems and components including control and auxiliary operating equipment
- Conducting vehicle inspections and road service calls
- Responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within the area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Must have a valid Province of Ontario Truck & Coach Technician Certificate (310-T), obtained through completion of Grade 12 technical program or its recognized equivalent as defined by the Training & Development Department, plus successful completion of the apprenticeship training program
- Valid, non-probationary, Province of Ontario class “G” driver’s license
- Successful completion of all mandatory training and testing required for this position includes, but is not limited to the ability to upgrade to a “CZ” driver’s license, direct current fundamentals, automotive circuits, air conditioning and chlorofluorocarbon certification (CFC), multiplex wiring, electronic transmission and engine controls and passenger accessibility equipment. Failure to successfully complete related training and testing will result in removal from the position
- Must provide a set of hand tools as per the tool list established by the TTC
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Hourly Rate Range: $30.47 - $39.57 (Wage Group 12)
Plus a skilled trade premium of $0.75 per hour for all regular hours worked
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.