Revenue Collectors (4) (Temp) (J.O#10417ie)
Last Day to Apply: October 13, 2017
Employment Type: Temporary Position
REVENUE COLLECTOR (4)
REVENUE OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT
A.T.U., LOCAL 113
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy”.
We are currently seeking four (4) Revenue Collectors. These positions are on a 40 hour work week consisting of five (5) eight (8)-hour night shifts with various off days.
- Performing a variety of duties for the collection and transport of uncounted revenue receipts from the Divisional offices and subway stations to the Patten building processing facility
- Operating an alarmed armoured vehicle to collect and transport revenue receipts
- Adhering to strict TTC operating procedures to carry out duties and responsibilities
- Performing vehicle circle checks including activating the alarm and testing that it is functioning, checking oil and fuel levels, refuelling the truck, as required; washing the truck when not assigned to a pick up route and reporting servicing or required repairs to the Supervisor
- Substituting for the Crew Chief, as required
- Responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within the area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of Grade 10 education
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Considerable lifting of heavy weights and multiple stair climbing
- Must consent to and successfully pass a criminal background check and obtain a clearance certificate
- Must pass a physical assessment; possess no physical restrictions that would limit lifting, bending or repeated motions
- Must have a valid, non-probationary, Province of Ontario class “G” driver’s licence and possess the ability to upgrade to a Class “DZ” driver’s license; pre-qualified DZ driver’s licence considered an asset
- Required to attend and successfully complete the Revenue Operations - Loss Prevention training for robbery prevention
- Required to complete departmental training as it relates to the job responsibilities (i.e. procedures, safety and security practices, etc.).
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Hourly Rate Range: $26.83 - $34.28 (8R) – 40 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.