Service Delivery Budget Systems Administrator (J.O#10414ie)
Last Day to Apply: October 16, 2017
Employment Type: Full Time
SERVICE DELIVERY BUDGET SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
SERVICE DELIVERY CONTROL DEPARTMENT
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy”.
We are currently seeking a Service Delivery Budget Systems Administrator.
- Preparing, analyzing, monitoring and coordinating budgets and financial results regarding Operating and Capital costs related to the Stations Department
- Managing and coordinating key consulting contracts in the Service Delivery Group
- Administering and maintaining the departmental systems, and providing technical computer expertise as it relates to general ledger, materials management and other relevant systems
- Assisting the Service Delivery Financial Analysts with various costing assignments, developing and executing budget consolidation, and compiling/processing accounts receivable billings/claims
- Administering weekly payroll for the department
- Participating in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program
- Responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and/or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within the area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of A College Diploma/University Degree in Business Administration/Accounting and several years of work experience in a directly related field, with Transit/Equipment/Facility Maintenance methods and practices
- Sound knowledge of standard accounting principles and practices
- Sound knowledge of contract management principles and practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of budgeting/costing concepts, procedures and techniques
- Knowledge of automated spreadsheet and database programs as well as other computerized applications related to the work
- Sound judgement, well-developed analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, oral communication and report writing skills
- Must have or develop knowledge of TTC organizational structure, functions, operations, policies and procedures applicable to the work performed
- Must have or develop knowledge of TTC’s Job Based Cost System, General Ledger System, Spreadsheet and Database programs, Contract Management and other relevant TTC applications
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $64,082.20 - $80,116.40 (Level 7SA) – 35 hour work week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.