Project Manager (J.O#10378ier) - Repost
Last Day to Apply: November 21, 2017
Employment Type: Full Time
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SECTION
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
*If you previously applied during the original posting period of September 13 – September 26, 2017 and November 1 - November 7, 2017 no need to reapply as all applications will still be considered. Thank you.
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy”.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager.
- Managing major or large scale and complex information systems projects through all phases of project life cycle to ensure that functionality and performance objectives are met on schedule and within approved budgets
- Participating in the development of Business Cases to determine objectives, scope, risks, benefits and costs of proposed information systems projects
- Overseeing all aspects of project deliverables, finances, implementation and tracking of benefits realization based on IT Services Solution Delivery methodology and PMO standards and methods
- Preparing and monitoring budgets and submitting all required Project Reporting and presentations as necessary
- Monitoring project progress on a regular basis and taking appropriate action to maintain the project schedule and budget
- Liaising with the Project Sponsor and Project Steering Committee with regard to all project matters
- Participating in the TTC customer service Ambassador Program
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline combined with several years of progressive and successful project management experience
- Formal Project Management training is a must and current PMP certification is mandatory by the Project Management Institute
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of all facets related to the development and implementation of major information systems projects including project management, systems development methodology and quality assurance principles and practices
- Must have SAP knowledge in a number of areas including: S/4HANA on premise ERP, Suite on HANA on premise ERP, SAP SuccessFactors Cloud solution for Human Resources, and SAP Solution Manager for development support, change management (CHaRM), transports, and monitoring of system and business processes
- Additional knowledge in ASAP development methodology, and system integration mechanisms (HANA Cloud Integration, Dell Boomi, and SAP ALE) would be considered assets. TTC is investing heavily in SAP and future business solutions will be deployed on the SAP platform
- Demonstrated experience in Stakeholder Management and independent Problem Resolution skills
- Must be able to prepare and monitor project budgets and conduct cost/benefit assessments
- Knowledge of and experience in business process re-engineering, data and process modelling and the preparation of technical specifications for RFP documents
- Highly developed analytical, organizational, relationship management and interpersonal skills; excellent business judgement; effective presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $103,430.60 - $129,256.40 (Level 11SA) – 35 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4564.