System Security Coordinator (Temp) (J.O#10376ie)
Last Day to Apply: September 14, 2017
Employment Type: Temporary Position
SYSTEM SECURITY COORDINATOR
SYSTEM SECURITY UNIT
TRANSIT ENFORCEMENT DEPARTMENT
**This is a temporary opportunity for up to approximately July 2018**
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy”.
We are currently seeking a temporary System Security Coordinator.
- Developing, coordinating, maintaining and administering the TTC’s Medeco Key Program including liaising with various internal contacts; ensuring adherence to program standards; reviewing/evaluating key requests; maintaining TTC wide key database, and external contractor/tenant key database; conducting annual key audits; maintaining key stock, etc.
- Assisting with the implementation of the new Medeco XT Program, including assisting key coordinators across the TTC with program requirements; administering the electronic keys; and maintaining the database
- Coordinating, maintaining and administering TTC’s Parking Hanger Tag and Access Card programs, including processing applications; liaising with departmental parking coordinators; ensuring properly completed/signed documentation, etc.
- Providing administrative services to support the work of the unit; and performing related duties as assigned
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of post-secondary education in Security and/or Loss Prevention, or the equivalent, and similar or related administrative work experience
- A detailed understanding of the processes, policies and systems related to industrial security and physical security measures is also preferred
- Good knowledge of business administration concepts, contract administration methods and procedures as well as record keeping principles and practices
- Good knowledge of research methods and techniques
- Well-developed organizational and interpersonal skills; and demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills to deal with people at various levels
- Proficiency in the use of a PC and computer software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and databases
- Ability to recognize problem areas, and develop and implement procedures for increased efficiency and effectiveness of various corporate programs and administrative functions
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $51,324.00 - $64,173.20 (Level 5) – 35 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.