Standards Coordinator (J.O#10361ie)
Last Day to Apply: September 13, 2017
Employment Type: Full Time
ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT – TECHNICAL SUPPORT
ENGINEERING, CONSTRUCTION & EXPANSION GROUP
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy”.
We are currently seeking a Standards Coordinator.
- Performing various technical, administrative and coordination functions associated with the development, management and execution of the Engineering Department’s Design Standards Maintenance Program;
- Reviewing, evaluating and analyzing TTC Design Standards (consisting of Design Manual, Standard and Directive Drawings, and Master Specifications Manual) revisions and development requests which includes defining the revision scope, determining the scheduling, coordinating with various stakeholders from inception through to final approval, and reviewing the final product for adherence to established guidelines;
- Coordinating and tracking the Design Standards Variance review and sign-off;
- Providing technical support by gathering and consolidating engineering information from various sources, assisting in the engineering research, editing or development of the Design Manual;
- Leading and assisting Standards staff and contracted consultants to ensure TTC Design Standards are reviewed and approved in a timely basis;
- Developing, executing, maintaining and managing various associated databases (e.g. standards status, revision tasks, specified product list, special contract master specifications);
- Organizing the feedback and lessons learned system with TTC Departments;
- Responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within your area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer;
- Participation in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Broad knowledge of facility design in architectural, civil, structural, mechanical and electrical design disciplines, their practices and interrelationships;
- Good technical knowledge in the area of construction products, specification writing, tendering process, and construction contract documents;
- Good knowledge of construction methods, applicable codes, standards, and regulations;
- Strong knowledge of scheduling and project management/coordination concepts and practices;
- Good knowledge of research methods and techniques;
- Strong knowledge of technical records management procedures; familiarity with electronic document management is an asset;
- Excellent computer and keyboarding skills, including the ability to design, develop and manage database systems;
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Access; good knowledge of Powerpoint;
- Basic knowledge of Bentley MicroStation CADD software which would normally be obtained from drafting experience;
- Strong service orientation; sound judgement; excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills; strong interpersonal, oral communication and report writing skills;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate the efforts of others to accomplish objectives;
- A University Degree in a relevant discipline such as Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent, combined with several years of directly related experience in an architectural/engineering environment as a coordinator to compile contract documents for institutional, commercial or industrial multi-discipline construction projects, or similar technical documents relating to design engineering;
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
Annual Salary Range: $80,007.20 - $100,027.20 (Level 9SA) – 35 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.