Manager - Special Events, Rewards & Recognition Programs (J.O#10330ie)
Last Day to Apply: August 17, 2017
Employment Type: Full Time
MANAGER – SPECIAL EVENTS, REWARDS & RECOGNITION PROGRAMS
SPECIAL EVENTS, REWARDS & RECOGNITION SECTION
CUSTOMER COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy”.
We are currently seeking a Manager – Special Events, Rewards & Recognition Programs.
- Effectively designing, developing, directing, coordinating and implementing a range of activities, including press conferences, Public Town Halls and various special events designed to assist the TTC in developing a positive image with the public, all levels of government and other external stakeholders; and supervising a team of staff engaged in related activities
- Managing the execution of large multi-pronged projects involving multiple staff and stakeholders; mitigating risk, anticipating problems and planning for contingencies; and making quick decisions to resolve any issues/problems onsite
- Managing launches, information programs and special events as well as developing and/or participating in the development of special events and projects; and implementing various projects such as the TTC Subway Musicians Program, subway openings, anniversaries, corporate events, etc.
- Ensuring compliance with the TTC’s policy on filming and conditions of acceptance related to filming and tours activities; mitigating physical and reputational risk to the TTC at all times; and ensuring expert input and assistance as required
- Aligning employee recognition programs to the TTC’s core values, mission, vision and “People” Strategic Objectives; providing leadership in organizational design, criteria, process, planning, promotion, communication, standards, implementation, analysis, evaluation, and measurement of impact of TTC’s Rewards & Recognition Programs including Leadership, Teamwork and Customer Service Excellence programs and Long Service Recognition and Safety Recognition programs; and making recommendations for improvement/greater impact on employee performance, engagement and morale
- Acting as Ex-Officio for the TTC Recreation Council
- Participating in the TTC customer service Ambassador Program
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a university degree or college diploma in Hospitality, Communications or Public Relations, combined with a minimum of 10 years of directly related experience working in a project-oriented environment
- Sound knowledge of business administration concepts, marketing and communications principles, methods, practices and techniques as they relate to customer communications, special events management and rewards and recognition programs
- Good working knowledge of computer software applications including MS Outlook, Access, Word, Excel and MS SharePoint, and familiarity with graphic arts applications related to the work
- Sound judgement and the ability to quickly resolve issues as they arise; excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; and excellent supervisory skills including the ability to plan, direct, motivate and coordinate activities of professional staff in the timely development and execution of special programs and projects
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects with interdependent timelines simultaneously while directing and coordinating the efforts of others in the execution of information programs, special events and projects
- Must have a valid Ontario Class G driver’s licence, and the use of a personal vehicle to take items for the setting up of events
- Must successfully complete the required TTC training
- Experience managing programs/projects in a unionized environment would be an asset.
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $92,164.80 - $115,260.60 (Level 10SA) – 35 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.