Vehicle Engineer - Mechanical (J.O#10276ie)
Last Day to Apply: June 22, 2017
Employment Type: Full Time
VEHICLE ENGINEER - MECHANICAL
RAIL CARS & SHOPS DEPARTMENT
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy”.
We are currently seeking a Vehicle Engineer – Mechanical.
- Performing a variety of mechanical engineering duties related to the maintenance of TTC’s revenue and non-revenue subway and SRT vehicles and associated mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, structural, and air conditioning equipment
- Preparing complete technical specifications, reports and detailed design drawings relating to mechanical components of non-revenue and revenue subway and SRT vehicles and associated equipment
- Investigating, diagnosing, and performing failure analyses of complex mechanical systems and issues
- Designing, evaluating and developing engineered solutions including component design, material selection, and testing of alternate parts or equipment
- Participation in the TTC customer service Ambassador Program
- Responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and/or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within your area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a University Degree in Mechanical Engineering, combined with directly related engineering experience
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario is mandatory
- Sound knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, methods and practices with specific knowledge in the areas of drafting, tolerances, dimensioning, hydraulics, pneumatics, metallurgy, welding, stress analysis and mechanical analysis
- Basic understanding of electrical/electronic technology
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Sound judgement supported by well-developed technical, analytical, problem-solving and technical writing skills
- Proficient in the use of computers with good working knowledge of applications related to the work, such as CADD, Excel, Power Point, database, etc.
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $80,007.20 to $100,027.20 (Level 9SA) - 35 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.