Apprentice Electricians Wiring & Service (J.O#10267ier)- Repost
Last Day to Apply: October 02, 2017
Employment Type: Full Time
APPRENTICE ELECTRICIAN WIRING & SERVICE
WIRING & SERVICE
SUBWAY INFRASTRUCTURE DEPARTMENT
CUPE LOCAL 2
*If you previously applied during the original posting period of June 14-20, 2017 no need to reapply as all applications will still be considered. Thank you.
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy”.
We are currently seeking Apprentices and Licensed Electricians. These positions are based on a 40 hour work week involving rotating shifts and various off days.
- Successfully completing an 8,000 hour apprenticeship training program, and maintaining a 309-A Construction & Maintenance Electrical Certificate of Qualification licence through the Ontario College of Trades (OCT)
- Successfully completing the internal TTC Wiring & Services training program
- Successfully completing TTC Training Department programs for the operation of a Commission Vehicle, Power Cuts, Subway/SRT Rule Book, Work Protection Codes, W.H.M.I.S., Confined Space Entry, Scaffold Safety, C.P.R. & Emergency First Aid, Bucket/Platform and Aerial Lift Devices; Fall Protection, Defensive Driving etc.
- Performing work in accordance with the Electrical Safety Authority Code, and other applicable industrial standards
- Successfully Completing the Subway Infrastructure Department’s electrical aptitude test
- Upon successful completion of internal training, you will be reclassified as an Electrician - Wiring & Service (Grade One) as per the Collective Agreement
- Responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within the area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- You must be a grade 12 graduate (technical program) or equivalent
- You must hold a valid Electrician-Construction & Maintenance Licence(309-A license)
- Possess a valid non-probationary class “G” Driver's License
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
Hourly Rate Range: $25.97 - $38.95 – 40 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4564.