Air Bench Fitters - Greenwood Shop (Up to 3) (J.O#10240ier) - Repost
Last Day to Apply: October 12, 2017
Employment Type: Full Time
AIR BENCH FITTERS – GREENWOOD SHOP (UP TO 3)
RAIL CARS AND SHOPS DEPARTMENT
LOCAL 113, A.T.U.
*If you applied for the original posting period of May 24, 2017 - May 30, 2017 and July 24 – July 28, 2017 you need not reapply as all applications will be considered. Thank you.
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy”.
We are currently seeking a Air Bench Fitters – Greenwood Shop. These positions are on a 40-hour work week consisting of day shift with Saturday/Sunday off days.
- Performing bench assembly, inspection, and moderately complex overhaul and repair work on a wide variety of hydraulic and pneumatic units used on revenue/non-revenue rail vehicles
- Disassembling units, repairing or replacing parts
- Re-assembling and adjusting units
- Testing units for fit according to specifications and tolerances and for correct operation
- Treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and/or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within your area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Training normally obtained through completion of a Grade 12 technical program, or have the recognized equivalency, as defined by the Training Department
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Must have successfully completed courses approved by the TTC in pneumatics and hydraulics (equivalent to community college level courses encompassing basic laws and definitions of hydraulics and pneumatics, fluid conditioning, schematic drawings, valves and valve settings, pressure switches and settings, pumps, reservoirs, filters, accumulators, etc.) or show proof of equivalent specialized training
- Required to pass tests set by the Department which correspond in content to the knowledge, theory and/or practical requirements described above
- As the successful candidate, you must attend and successfully complete Shop Safety certification and re-certification, as required
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Hourly Wage Range: $27.29 - $35.45 (Wage Group 8) - 40 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.