Operations Planner (J.O#10229ier) - Repost
Last Day to Apply: September 22, 2017
Employment Type: Full Time
STRATEGY & SERVICE PLANNING DEPARTMENT
*If you previously applied during the original posting period of May 17 - 24, 2017 no need to reapply as all applications will still be considered. Thank you.
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy”.
We are currently seeking an Operations Planner.
- Carrying out the initial review of, and assisting in responding to development proposals as circulated by City Planning including subdivision plans, redevelopment proposals, zoning changes and Official Plan Amendments
- Undertaking assessments of the requirements needed to physically operate proposed new surface routings
- Resolving operational problems at off-street looping facilities/stations forwarded by Surface Operations staff, including safety-related requests
- Ensuring designs of new surface turn back loops, bus/streetcar facilities at subway stations, and proposed subway/private development entrance connections meet operational requirements
- Making recommendations regarding the resolution of safety suggestions involving off-street operations such as loops and bus terminals
- Participation in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a University degree in Planning, Geography, or the equivalent, with an emphasis on land use and/or transportation combined with several years of related experience
- Knowledge of land use planning principles, the municipal development review processes, development industry, transportation demand estimation and forecasting, and transit operations
- Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer especially working with databases
- Must be able to work independently
- Requires good organizational skills to meet deadlines
- Must possess sound judgement, and effective oral and written communication skills for dealing with staff at various levels
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $72,672.60 - $90,818.00 (Level 8SA) - 35 Hour Work Week
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393- 4570