Structural Technician (J.O#10167ier) - Repost
Last Day to Apply: September 15, 2017
Employment Type: Full Time
STRUCTURE MAINTENANCE – STRUCTURE INSPECTION GROUP
SUBWAY INFRASTRUCTURE DEPARTMENT
*If you previously applied during the original posting period of April 10-21, 2017 no need to reapply as all applications will still be considered. Thank you.
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy”.
We are currently seeking a Structural Technician.
- Providing technical support for the structural inspection of existing track related bridges and structures
- Assisting Engineers with structural surveys, inputting and processing field data, and preparing drawings
- Providing assistance in the preparation of computerized Structure Inspection Forms and Databases by collecting base structure inventory data (i.e. structure type, location, dimensions and details, etc.) from reference drawings, reports, and specifications
- Assisting in the preparation, review, coordination and administration of work plans and design packages for survey and repair works
- Responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- A College or University Civil/Structural Engineering Diploma or Degree, combined with directly related working experience
- Working knowledge of structure inspection procedures and guidelines
- A solid comprehension of basic structural engineering concepts
- A background in the repair and rehabilitation of structures is an asset
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office applications, knowledge of CADD/MicroStation and/or structural design related software is an asset
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must have or acquire sound knowledge of TTC policies and procedures
- The successful applicant may be required to attend and complete various in-house TTC training courses as defined by management
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $64,082.20 - $80,116.40 (Level 7SA)
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570