Storepersons (For Future Requirements) (J.O#9317ier) - Repost
Last Day to Apply: September 20, 2017
Employment Type: Full Time
STOREPERSONS (For Future Requirements)
MATERIALS MANAGEMENT SECTION
MATERIALS & PROCUREMENT DEPARTMENT
A.T.U. LOCAL 113
*If you applied for the original posting period of July 14, 2015 - February 7, 2017 and February 8 - June 15, 2017 you need not reapply as all applications will be considered. Thank you.
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission, North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy.”
We are seeking Storepersons (for future requirements). These positions will involve working a 40 hour work week and include various shifts, various off days and various locations.
- Performing varied and moderately complex duties specific to the assigned location that relate to the sorting, storing and issuing of parts and general storekeeping. This involves receiving, unpacking, checking, loading, unloading, storing, tracking, investigating stock discrepancies and issuing all IFS controlled parts, supplies, chemicals, etc. required for the support of maintenance operations.
- Carrying out duties, in support of the assigned location that will include ordering, receiving, storing and issuing of non-stock items, and expediting in urgent situations, as well as advising Inventory Planners of required adjustments to stock levels for current projects.
- Responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within the area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Must have a valid Certificate of Qualification as a Partsperson as administered by the College of Trades and the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
- Completion of Grade 12 or its equivalent as defined by the Ministry of Education.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to read and understand verbal and written instructions, to write and express self clearly.
- Must pass tests set by the Materials & Procurement Department which correspond in content to the knowledge, theory and/or practical requirements described above.
- As the successful candidate, you will be required to attend and successfully complete theTTCTraining & Development Department’s instruction for forklift truck operation and obtain a Class DZ Licence.
- Must also attend and successfully complete WHMIS training as well as training for the Transportation of Dangerous Goods and Subway/SRTRule Book.
- Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer and in Outlook.
- Must possess a valid non-probationary class G Driver's Licence.
- Must attend Customer Service training as scheduled.
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
Hourly Rate Range: $26.23 - $34.07 (Wage Group 8)
Plus a skilled trade premium of $0.75 per hour for all regular hours worked
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Committed to the principles of employment equity, the TTC encourages applications from Aboriginal People, people with disabilities, racial minorities, and women. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.