Revenue Equipment Analyzer (J.O#9677ie)
Last Day to Apply: March 31, 2016
Employment Type: Full Time
REVENUE EQUIPMENT ANALYZER
REVENUE OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT
A.T.U., LOCAL 113
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our on-going recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy”.
We are currently seeking a Revenue Equipment Analyzer. This is a 40 hour work week, involving Swing Night Shifts with Swing Wednesday/Thursday off days.
- The work will take place in the RSEM Shop and/or on location at any TTC facility
- Performing highly specialized and complex repair and testing work on mechanical, electrical and electronic fare handling equipment
- Installing, troubleshooting, repairing, modifying, overhauling, assembling and testing various types of fare handling equipment with the emphasis on equipment that utilizes electronic circuitry and controls
- Estimating the extent of repairs required and discussing or presenting recommendations concerning special problems or modifications
- Responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and/or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within the area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Successfully completed a Grade 12, (technical program) in addition to having successfully completed community college level courses approved by the T.T.C. in industrial electronics; or provide proof of equivalency from a recognized academic institution
- Recent practical experience working with solid state equipment
- Required to pass an electronics test set by the TTC’s Operations Branch
- Valid non-probationary Class "G" or better province of Ontario Driver's License
- As the successful candidate, you will be required to attend and successfully complete the Training & Development Department’s programs for the operation of a TTC vehicle, Subway/SRTRule Book and WHMIS certification
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Note: Must provide a set of hand tools as per the established tool list.
Wage Range: $29.02 to $37.66 / Hourly* (Wage Group 11)
*Rates effective April 1, 2016
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
Committed to the principles of employment equity, the TTC encourages applications from Aboriginal People, people with disabilities, racial minorities, and women.
Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.