Pension Payroll Clerk (J.O. #8699ie)
Pension Payroll Clerk
Pension Fund Society
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.”
We are currently seeking a Pension Payroll Clerk.
- Preparing termination pension estimates for employees and processing termination files and estate final payments
- Producing quarterly Pension Adjustment Reversals (PARs), distributing PARs to former PFS Members, and replacing lost forms
- Maintaining the pensioner files, ensuring all documents are complete, processed and filed in an efficient manner
- Assisting with changes to pension payroll and ensuring the information inputted into the payroll system is accurate
- Assisting in balancing refund accounts, and preparation of T4As and summary documents
- Assisting in the production of annual statements to employees
- Calculating and preparing refunds of premiums deducted from pensioners, as required
- Performing various clerical support duties (direct deposit re-authorizations, death notice searches) and providing reception and back-up support for staff in the Department as required
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a post-secondary education, or the equivalent, combined with related work experience.
- Good knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment
- Excellent keyboarding skills with a working knowledge of PC applications (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Must be detail-oriented and possess effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess good mathematical skills and good organization skills to handle a workload that must meet payroll deadlines
- Must have or acquire knowledge of the pension administration software (CPAS) relevant to area of responsibility
- Familiarity with the Personnel Payroll System would be an asset
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Annual Salary Range: $48,612.20 - $60,769.80 (Level 5)
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Committed to the principles of employment equity, the TTC encourages applications from Aboriginal People, people with disabilities, racial minorities, and women. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.