Senior Enterprise Data Architect (J.O. #8684ie)
Senior Enterprise Data Architect
Enterprise Architecture Section
Information Technology Services Department
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.”
We are currently seeking a Senior Enterprise Data Architect.
- Performing the leadership, facilitation, analysis and design tasks required to develop/evolve the enterprise data architecture (EDA) and to ensure that it is leveraged effectively
- Responsible for the overall data strategy, architecture and development of the organization’s enterprise data, analytics and Master Data Management (MDM) technology capabilities
- Working closely with separate teams of project or solution architects with respect to enterprise data architecture, strategy and governance
- Coordinating analysis and implementation activities with project teams, enterprise architecture team members, business constituents and IT staff
- Developing the requirements, principles, models and designs for the future-state EDA as well as the documentation of the current-state EDA
- Championing efforts to improve business performance through enterprise information solutions and capabilities
- Evaluating emerging trends in enterprise-wide information sharing and determines the impacts on the future-state EDA
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- A University Degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent, combined with directly related experience in a business or computer related discipline. Minimum of 5 years of hands-on design and implementation experience in at least two IT disciplines (ie. Application Development, Information Architecture, Middleware Design, Database Management)
- Significant practical experience with IT applications and technical architectures, designing and implementing enterprise systems, and analysis, design and programming.
- Knowledge of key aspects of the business as well as knowledge of all aspects of enterprise architecture, with deep expertise in managing the data domain at the enterprise level.
- Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting, business process re-engineering principles and processes and information principles and policies
- Understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, or client/server systems, legacy systems and environments
- Strong understanding of network and data center architecture, as well as application development methodologies
- Strong understanding and practical corporate implementation experience with Master Data Management (MDM)
- Expert understanding and enterprise scale experience in Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics including architecture and implementation.
- Enterprise and project level data architecture and design expertise, including data governance, database base design, relational and dimensional modelling, data and data architecture standard.
- Experience in a senior architectural position, managing a team of architects as well as experience working with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Must have the ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations, translate business needs into technology architecture requirements, estimate the financial impact of EDA and individual solution architecture alternatives, define multiple solution options to business problems and quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills and effective conceptualization, pattern recognition, presentation and facilitation skills
- You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
Annual Salary Range: $87,287.20 - $109,145.40 (Level 10)
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Committed to the principles of employment equity, the TTC encourages applications from Aboriginal People, people with disabilities, racial minorities, and women. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources - Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.