Senior Press Operator (J.O. #8670ie)
Senior Press Operator
Customer Communications Department
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission, North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy.”
We are currently seeking a Senior Press Operator.
- Operating a variety of single and multi-colour offset printing equipment in compliance with established production standards relating to quality, quantity and stock wastage
- Ensuring the press is made ready for production, including the feed, ink and water systems, sheet registration, ink density, etc.; and monitoring and adjusting as required for optimal quality and productivity
- Setting numbering and perforating attachments, and mixing inks as required
- Operating associated equipment, such as a power paper cutter, stitcher, folder, etc.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance on machines, such as cleaning, making adjustments and minor repairs
- Ensuring an adequate level of press supplies, and advising Manager – Printing Services of production related problems
- Training new operators in proper safety practices and regulations for operating/maintaining the press and equipment
- Assisting the Manager with scheduling/assigning work as required as well as substituting for the Manager on occasion
- Treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong working knowledge of the machines, methods and processes used in printing operations
- Knowledge of computers and experience within a Windows XP and Windows 7 environment
- Knowledge of high speed production copiers, digital plate making equipment and bindery processes preferred
- Good communication skills and organizational ability to handle diverse tasks and high-volume work
- Completion of secondary school education, or the equivalent, combined with extensive similar or related work experience
- Must have, or rapidly acquire, a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders, including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
Annual Salary Range: $48,612.20 - $60,769.80 (Level 5)
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Committed to the principles of employment equity, the TTC encourages applications from Aboriginal People, people with disabilities, racial minorities, and women. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources - Employment Services at 416-393-4570.