Quality Assurance Officer (2) (J.O. #8652e)
Quality Assurance Officer (2)
Capital Programming Department
Engineering, Construction & Expansion Group
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
The Engineering, Construction & Expansion Group is accountable for developing, improving and expanding the network, by delivering on specific plans for an affordable expansion program that matches capacity to ever-growing ridership.
This position reports to the Manager – Quality Assurance.
- Participating in the development and implementation of the Quality Management Plan within the Engineering, Construction & Expansion (ECE) Group;
- Leading the development, maintenance and updating of quality assurance oversight processes, standards and related procedures;
- Providing expertise and support to ECE management for defining objectives, establishing procedures, setting performance standards, establishing audit plans, and identifying process improvements as necessary to increase the quality of deliverables throughout the Group;
- Conducting audits to ensure that quality critical requirements and associated processes, procedures, and standards are all met and maintained;
- Assisting with the development, monitoring and analysis of QA compliance objectives, KPIs, including the responsibility for preparing comprehensive reports, identifying quality issues, and proposing and following up on action plans for improvement;
- Treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within your area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Extensive knowledge of quality assurance, quality control, continuous improvement principles, practices and techniques;
- Sound knowledge of, and experience in quality system requirements and audits;
- Extensive experience in the implementation and management of a quality assurance program to support the design and construction activities of complex infrastructure programs and projects;
- Experience in the oversight of a contractor’s quality assurance and quality control programs;
- Proven project management skills; strong planning, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills; effective interpersonal, presentation, interviewing, auditing, and verbal and written communication skills to interface with multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Office applications;
- A post-secondary degree/diploma in a construction related or engineering discipline, plus several years of directly related experience in a project management, engineering and construction environment;
- Formal auditor training, and must have or acquire CAPM or PMP certification;
- A valid Province of Ontario Class “G” driver’s license for attending at field and manufacturer sites;
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
Annual Salary Range: $75,748.40 - $94,731.00 (Level 9)
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Committed to the principles of employment equity, the TTC encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, racial minorities, and women. We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.