Education & Development Specialist (2) (J.O. #8580e)
Education & Development Specialist (2)
Training & Development Department
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.”
We are currently seeking two Education & Development Specialists.
- Designing, co-ordinating, administering, delivering and evaluating a variety of supervisory, leadership, human rights, performance management, workplace harassment/violence, diversity and other related training and development programs
- Developing, recommending and implementing employee career development strategies and career counselling for TTC employees
- Identifying and analyzing training and development needs and preparing training proposals and strategies
- Defining course objectives and outcomes and designing training programs with the most effective training methodologies/program format
- Providing training expertise and professional development strategies in support of other departments’ training initiatives
- Responsible for treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Comprehensive knowledge of adult education principles, methods, materials and techniques combined with the ability to apply them to course design and delivery.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the techniques and methodologies related to training needs assessment and program design, delivery and evaluation.
- Good understanding of personal and professional development principles and practices
- Knowledge and experience related to career and educational counselling
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills, good written communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills to deal with a diverse client base (internally/externally, staff/union)
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline, combined with several years of related management training experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office ( i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and the ability to operate and troubleshoot a variety of audio-visual/computer teaching aids
- Understanding of management/supervisory principles and practices is an asset
- Certificate/Diploma in Adult Education/Training & Development, and experience in a unionized work environment is an asset
- You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
Annual Salary Range: $75,748.40 - $94,731.00 (Level 9)
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Committed to the principles of employment equity, the TTC encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, racial minorities, and women. We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.