Head of Customer Service Centre - External
Head of Customer Service Centre
This key role within our Strategy & Customer Experience Group offers an exciting opportunity for a visionary customer care leader to inspire, foster and drive customer service to a high standard of excellence.
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) has embarked on a 5-year journey to modernize and transform North America’s third largest transit system into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. That’s our vision and that’s where you can make your mark as part of our customer service delivery team.
Reporting to the Chief Customer Officer, you will be responsible for the provision of first-rate customer service delivery for the Customer Service, Customer Information, Metropass Discount Plan (MDP) and Lost Articles sections of the Customer Service Centre Department. Your challenge as Head of Customer Service Center will be to efficiently plan, direct and oversee all activities of Customer Service Centre staff to ensure customers feel valued through the delivery of consistently high quality customer service.
As Head of Customer Service Centre, you will be specifically responsible for:
- ensuring the Customer Service Centre sections meet all key quality service performance standards
- managing the social media operation, and ensuring immediate acknowledgement of communications
- overseeing the administration, systems, risk management and internal controls of the MDP Program
- exploring options for continual improvement of after-hour Customer Information Service
- exploring methods for increasing customer awareness and revenue associated with the sale of lost articles
- administering the TTC’s Student/Post-secondary Student Photo Identification Program
- overseeing and directing the development of the Customer Service Centre budgets, and ensuring timely reporting of financial and performance results
- ensuring that accessibility / accommodation needs of TTC passengers and/or employees are effectively met in a timely fashion in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Your impressive profile as Head of Customer Service Centre will include the following highlights:
- Extensive customer service related knowledge and experience, including several years at a senior level and leading a team in the goal of enhancing and promoting a high standard of customer service.
- Knowledge of legislation such as the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Access for Ontarians with Disability Act and the Ontario Labour Relations Act.
- Working knowledge of various call centre technologies, including Interactive Voice Response system, online systems, mainframe databases and LCD screens as well as the ability to identify enhancements for the continual improvement of customer service delivery.
- Highly advanced oral and written communications and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to lead, direct and influence peers and staff.
- A demonstrated ability to work with budgets and achieve results within budget.
- Greatly developed organizational skills plus the ability to prioritize.
- A degree in Business/Public Administration or a related discipline.
- Experience working in a leadership position within a unionized environment is an asset.
- You must have, or rapidly acquire, a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders, including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
Annual Salary Range: $97,934 – $122,413
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Committed to the principles of employment equity, the TTC encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, racial minorities, and women. We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.