Head of Customer Development
This newly created, key senior role within our Strategy & Customer Experience Group offers a visionary customer care leader an exciting mandate with organization-wide impact.
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform and completely modernize North America’s third largest transit system into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. That’s our vision and that’s where you come in. As Head of Customer Development, you will be part of the senior leadership team that will help the TTC realize its mission “to provide a reliable, efficient and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy.”
Reporting to the Chief Customer Officer, you will identify, develop and provide new and innovative ways of delivering improvements for TTC customers, as we deliver on our commitment to putting the customer at the centre of everything we do and making our organization more transparent and accountable. As Head of Customer Development, you will be accountable for implementing improvements focused on the value of money of the TTC proposition and for ensuring that the quality of time customers spend with the TTC meets the highest standards of transit worldwide. You will also lead a diverse range of activities with the Customer Development Department, from providing support for customer experience improvement initiatives and strategies to leading the development and implementation of related methodology, standards and recommendations.
As Head of Customer Development, you will be specifically responsible for:
- overseeing the planning, development and implementation of initiatives to enhance the TTC customer experience
- managing the delivery of outstanding items from the Customer Service Advisory Panel Report
- supporting and monitoring the progress of various departments in implementing action items
- ensuring that customer information channels, such as e-alerts and station screens, are providing maximum value to TTC riders
- ensuring that the necessary market research and analysis is conducted to identify key areas for customer experience development opportunities
- overseeing the work of Customer Development Department staff, either directly or through direct reports
- ensuring that accessibility / accommodation needs of TTC passengers and/or employees are effectively met in a timely fashion in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Your impressive profile as Head of Customer Development will include the following highlights:
- You have extensive customer service related knowledge and experience as well as highly advanced oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are familiar with relevant legislation such as the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Labour Relations Act.
- You bring a working knowledge of the various technologies used in call centres and LCD screens, and are aware of how these technologies can be used to advance customer service.
- You are experienced in leading a team with the goal of identifying, developing and providing new and innovative ways of delivering a high level of customer service.
- You know how to work with budgets and achieve results within budget.
- Your greatly developed organizational skills include the ability to set priorities effectively.
- You are adept at leading, directing and influencing your peers and staff alike.
- Your level of expertise would typically have been acquired through a degree in Business Administration or Marketing combined with extensive, directly related experience.
- Ideally, you have held a leadership position within a unionized environment.
- You either have, or can quickly acquire, a thorough knowledge of TTC organizational structure, functions, operations, policies and procedures as they apply to your functions in this role.
- You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders, including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
Annual Salary Range: $124,979.40 - $156,192.40
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Committed to the principles of employment equity, the TTC encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, racial minorities, and women. We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.