Head - Transit Enforcement (J.O. #8724ie)
Head – Transit Enforcement
Transit Enforcement Department
Service Delivery Group
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy.”
We are currently seeking a Head of Transit Enforcement.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities for transit enforcement operations to ensure the protection of TTC assets, vehicles, facilities, employees, passengers and the general public.
- Lead a high performing section consisting of staff and unionized workforce with direct accountability for the safety and security of TTC customers and employees.
- Manage staff, court liaison, field support, transit enforcement, system security and related administrative functions.
- Direct and oversee the development of the annual capital and operating budgets for the department.
- Develop and implement revenue protection strategies and procedures to ensure financial accountability.
- Manage fare inspection activities specifically relating to Proof of Payment operation as well as other programs.
- Manage relationships with other law enforcement agencies to ensure best practices are understood and shared.
- Develop, update and implement various training programs/standards, policies, procedures, manuals, business plans and performance measures related to the area of responsibility.
- Attend major security or emergency incident sites to assume security command including the Unit’s command post.
- Provide effective communication regarding TTC security initiatives, programs, strategies and requirements.
- Act in the capacity of a Transit Enforcement Officer.
- Responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Comprehensive knowledge of law enforcement and security management practices including security investigation principles, methods and techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Criminal Code and other applicable government legislation related to the work.
- Understanding of a risk based approach to safety and security on a large transit system and how to implement appropriate controls to manage that risk.
- Ability to act as a key advisor to the TTC executive on security, safety and law enforcement.
- Sound judgement, highly developed organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated verbal communication and report writing skills and the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with issues of a sensitive nature.
- Ability to direct and motivate employees and coordinate projects involving internal and external resources.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computers and computerized applications and systems related to the work.
- Possession of a valid, non-probationary, Province of Ontario class “G” driver’s license and ability to use your personal vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage or operate a TTC vehicle for work assignments.
- Must have or quickly acquire knowledge of TTC rules, regulations, procedures, policies applicable to the work performed including a strong working knowledge of TTC By-law #1 and any Agreement(s) between the TTC and various Police Service Boards
- Must pass and maintain the TTC Transit Enforcement Officer recruitment and training standards and pass mandatory re-qualification training and tests and background investigations/checks, as required;
- A post-secondary school education in a related discipline, or the equivalent, combined with progressively responsible work experience is required.
- Previous police or security experience is a definite asset.
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees;
Annual Salary Range: $105,869.40 - $132,350.40 (Level 12SA)
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Committed to the principles of employment equity, the TTC encourages applications from Aboriginal People, people with disabilities, racial minorities, and women. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.